CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blogging? Who has time for that?!

I know...it has been a long time and I didn't even post last week! YIKES! Well, Just so you know, the total weight loss is 6 pounds. You are thinking...shouldn't it be 8?! Well, I guess I didn't loose weight last week (maybe because I ate so much dang Easter candy! But hey...I didn't gain any weight. I did have some self control! ha ha ha!).We didn't celebrate Easter due to the fact that both munchkins had colds (the snots and hacking!) and the weather wasn't all that great. Tori did get Easter candy and an Easter basket filled with empty eggs (we didn't put her candy in the eggs...although she had plenty of it!). I have a feeling that there will be continued Easter celebration this weekend (Grandma and Grandpa Dinger are coming for a pre 2nd Birthday Celebration) and Auntie Marie is sending a Happy Spring Box.
That week was just a blur because I was up a lot with Brooke who was hacking up a storm. There was a lot of laundry done that week (croupy baby = lots of throw up). But both girls just seem to have the residual little cough every once in a while, but naps and sleep are back to normal. At first I thought that Tori's cold was just tooth pain (she finally got her last canine in), but she gave it to Brooke. Miraculously Jason and I were both immune to this cold! But I did have a spin with a doctor last week with an infection (I will not go into details but one infection spurred on another infection caused by a dose of antibiotics...it looks to be a cycle).
I have also been working really hard on a Relief Society Meeting presentation (that is to be 45 minutes long!) on Scripture Study and Marking. I have been studying and working on a PowerPoint for about 2 weeks now. It looks good so far, but of course I have way too much information so I am hoping that a little inspiration will help me whittle down all the amazing material that I have found. The best thing about doing this presentation is that whenever I seem to work on it (or my calling in YW) the girls have amazing naps or sweet little Brook is just content to swing or play on the floor without too much attention! I know that this is a tender mercy of the Lord for sure!
We also have been working really hard on our flower beds in the backyard and front yard. Saturday I learned how to prune rosebushes from about 5 different "how to" videos online! It is really amazing all of the information that we have at our fingertips! I finished taking out all of the cursed forget-me-nots in the backyard beds, but we still have the rose beds and flowerbeds in the front to tackle! We are also thinking about gardening! I think it will be a lot of work, but a lot of fun! I will keep you posted on what we decide to do.
Well, all the rest can be explained in the pictures! Enjoy!

Playing outside! It is the best in the Spring because it is not too hot! Tori loves our Curly Willow in the backyard.

So cute!

Even with a cold Brooke really liked to chill on a blanket outside. (Check out the cherries on her bummy!)

resting

So much drool!

Go cougars!

This is another time in the cherry outfit (Monday to be exact) and she is wearing shoes for the first time!

Something is wrong with this picture!

Painting, take 2!

I call this "The Butterfly"...

and this is "Superheroes"...

and this is "Sunflowers".

Last, Brooke rolling around. She frequently gets stuck on legs of chairs, tables, and other pieces of furniture. She just turned 5 months! Her first nap on the love sac (while I am blogging!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hear ya. I don't post very often anymore. By the time I have time, I'm too tired. What's up with that?! I love all the pictures! Tori is so grown up. I can't believe she's almost 2!!! And Brook is beautiful!! Big BIG eyes!!! They take after their mama!!! :)

Lora said...

Oh, I love this post because it has lots of pictures of my cute little nieces. I cannot believe how big Brookie is getting. The kids are EXTREMELY excited to see them. Sorry, but Oscar is still committed to calling Brooke "Baby Groan," for the rest of his life. ;) Brooke's eyes are gigantic!!!! Love her baby blues. And Tori is getting so big. Livy is going to love mothering her and playing with her! I can't wait to see you. I love you so much!!! xoxox