CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Birch's in Alameda, CA *HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY LIVY LOU!*

One of the main reasons we went to Alameda was to celebrate Livy's 2nd birthday! Livy is like my surrogate child...I do not get to see Spencer go through all these milestones, but I sure get to see Livy grow! Livy was born eleven days after Spencer died. They would have been super close. Well...now Livy and Tori will be close like Lora and I. They are about 15 months apart. (Lora and I are 14 months!)
Well, Livy actually celebrated her birthday 3 times (once with my mom and dad, once on her actual birthday and once with her grandma Kathy! ha ha ha! I love birthday weeks!) The morning of her first birthday we went to McDonalds and she had pancakes (which is really the bread of the McGriddle and OJ). Her cake was a little hostess cupcake with candles. (Sorry I didn't get a picture of that.)

Livy got a Little People Doll house for her birthday from my parents and her parents. It is super cute and let's face it...one day we will inherit it! I love free toys!


She was so excited to open presents!
This time we decided not to plan to much stuff and just hang out together as a family. We went to the park and played! It was fun to see the kids have a ball with Grandpa and Grandma. Livy made herself at home in the sand. Mom loved pushing baby Tori around. We all had turns on the swings and Oscar and Livy played tether ball with Uncle, Grandpa and Jake!
Ahhh! Grandma and Tori girl.
Swing wars! Oscar was laughing so hard that I thought he was going to pee his pants!
Isn't this one tender? Ahhh....Suckerboy (an Livy interpretation of Oscar boy) holding his mama's hand.
After the park we needed a rest. Tori joined Grandpa. They giggled...
had a serious conversation....
and played for a bit...
but this is what it turned into in the end. A nice snuggle with Grandpa!
after the nap there was a fun ride!

Dad played guitar hero with Jake! he did pretty good!

Dad the rocker!
Although we only had a day and a half with everyone together it was so much fun to hang out with everyone! I think the next time will be in Oregon during the summer...until then!
BE SURE TO SEE ALL OF THE NEW POSTS!

1 comment:

jocie said...

i love your family, so fun to see everyone via blog.