CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Sister!


Oh my goodness, making this video took a lot of work, but it is worth it! I hope you love it Lora! I tried to put it to music (I even bought the "Sisters" song online for a whopping $.69) but there was something wrong with publishing the video with the music, so, sorry, it's not put to music. I included some of the lyrics on the slides. Well...and it turns out that the video won't even upload, so instead you get this slide show!
Do you not love all of these old school pictures? I copied them on my parents scanner a long time ago, cut them and then individually scanned them on my computer. Plus I had to get some of the pictures out of scrapbooks and such. It was fun, but I had to ignore my children for 3 mornings while Tori watched Sesame Street and Brookie napped (well, Brookie was napping, so I guess I wasn't really ignoring her!). I am ignoring them right now though to post this! I really hope the video downloads faster! :) So much for that video...you will have to come and watch it at my house some time!
Amazing things about Lora:
-She is so artistic & creative. I really wish that I had some pictures of her art...she is talented. I don't know how many hobbies that I picked up trying to copy Lora's amazing abilities.
-Although she doesn't think so she is very patient, loving and long suffering. She is an amazing mom and I want to be like her when I grow up.
-She makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the universe and makes a magnificent chocolate bundt.
-Lora is amazingly supportive and listens to my woes. I love the way she got me through some tough times growing up and her advice is worth at least 8 million dollars!
-Lora is a peacemaker. I know that there was a fair share of crying, scratching and yelling when we were younger, but it never lasted more than 30 seconds without an "I'm sorry". We can't stay mad at each other. I was the little beast (usually the author of the mayhem), but Lora taught me that it isn't worth staying mad, because it is more fun to be happy and to laugh it off.
-Lora is basically the only one that can make me laugh so hard that I cannot control my bodily functions and get so read in the face because I can't breath that I am afraid that I might faint. She is hilarious.
-She is so fun to be with. I love that we can hang out for hours, talk on the phone practically everyday and not get too tired of each other!
I want to be just like her when I grow up! I know that that is what the younger sister is supposed to say, but I have looked up to her even before she grew taller than me!
I am sure I could go on and on, but this post has taken me two hours (I had to make the slide show and then the stupid computer froze...really!?) and Brooke is now awake! So I must go!
Anyway, Happy 31st Birthday little sister! I really cannot remember my life without you.
I remember the nights snuggled in our trundle bed and we would dream about going to college together, meeting and marrying twins, and living next door to each other. Well, at least we roomed together at BYU! As for the others, I am glad that we married Jake and Jason instead (at least they like each other and can get along!) and I am sure that one day we will live next to each other!
You are my best friend and I am really glad that we were both born into the Birch clan. I miss you and I hope you have a fabulous birthday. Love from you sister!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Thank you, thank you for this blog. You make me sound like a super star. ;) I will go back to this blog and read it whenever I am having a bad day, to cheer me up.

I want all of these pictures of us. The wonder woman underwear is Classic!!! Thanks for walking me down memory lane. And thanks for being such an incredible part of my life. I have always looked up to you, and I would not be who I am today without you! I love you tons!!!!